Recent Asbestos Testing in West Derby, Liverpool
Recently, we undertook a survey in West Derby earlier this year for a lady who was buying a house that needed works undertaking on it. Her home buyers report which is mandatory for the mortgage, flagged up that there was a possibility of asbestos within the property due to its age. Our surveyors undertook a full survey and found asbestos throughout the property. In total the cost to make the property safe as in excess of £20,000. The purchaser was able to use this report and quotation to negotiate a better price on the property and stopped her for losing a lot of money.
As with all asbestos projects, we take a sample away from a specified area to a UKAS accredited laboratory-which takes 3-5 days for results to be known-from there we contact the client with the results; providing impartial advice-free quotation- on how to deal with the material, should any asbestos be found in the sample. Relatively straightforward and effective, our service is truly fast and efficient.
Further case studies can be viewed here. https://www.fibresafe.com/casestudy
Our Qualifications and Accreditations include:
- BOHS P402 Asbestos Surveying and Sampling
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
- BOHS P406 Supervision and Management of Safe Removal of Asbestos
- ARCA (Asbestos Removal Contractors Association)
- ARCA – Asbestos Licensed Removal Operative
- ARCA – Asbestos Licensed Operative Supervisor
- ARCA – Asbestos Licensed Contract Manager
- UKATA (UK Asbestos Training Association)
- UKATA – Asbestos Tutor
- CIRIA – Construction Industry Research and Information Association
- CIRIA – Asbestos in Soil
During this period of Coronavirus, we wish to reassure all of our clients, that all precautionary measures are being taken to ensure all of our customer and our staff are fully protected. For home surveys and business surveys, staff will wear masks and gloves, and social distancing measures are in place. For inspections, testing and removal, full PPE is worn. We have resumed normal working hours, so please contact us with your enquiry on 0151 515 2342.